Horton Oberrect & Kirkpatrick
Cherie Enge has been practicing law in San Diego since 1997, focusing primarily on general liability, including high-exposure personal injury/bodily injury and wrongful death cases and multi-party, complex construction defect litigation. She has wide-ranging litigation experience in all phases, including discovery, pre-trial, trial and ADR. She has taken, defended and participated in over 2000 depositions and has tried 76 cases to jury verdict in the Southern California state courts. Ms. Enge has extensive management and mentorship experience. Ms. Enge managed a solo practice for approximately 7 years.
When time permits, Ms. Enge serves as a pro tem judge for small claims and traffic courts in San Diego County, and as an invited speaker/lecturer for local and national legal organizations. Ms. Enge is a member of the faculty at Western Sierra Law School for Torts I and II, Legal Research, and Civil Litigation Skills. Ms. Enge currently serves on the Board of Directors for Walden Family Services where she sits on the Audit Committee. She is a Master with the Wallace Inn of Court, where she has mentored other attorneys and led workshops and presentations. In her free time, Ms. Enge enjoys hiking, traveling, attending college sporting events, concerts, and tennis tournaments. Most importantly, Ms. Enge enjoys hanging out with her husband and two adult daughters.
- University of California Hastings College of Law, J.D., 1987
- University of California San Diego, B.A., 1984
- All courts in the State of California
- United States District Court, Central and Southern Districts of California
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Master, Wallace Inn of Court
- Member, Board of Directors Walden Family Services
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Woman of Distinction Award – Service Award
- Parliamentarian for National Social/Civil Organization