LaFolette, Johnson, DeHaas, Fesler & Ames
James Wallace has more than 30 years’ experience in the areas of health care law, professional liability defense, products liability and general civil litigation. He has successfully tried numerous cases in Southern California. Mr. Wallace has also litigated dozens of binding arbitrations throughout his career. He is a former President of the San Diego Inn of Court, and a long-time workshop leader for the Evidence and Trial programs. He is a Master in the American Inns of Court (Louis M. Welsh Inn), where he also serves on the Executive Committee. Mr. Wallace is a former president and board member of San Diego Defense Lawyers. Mr. Wallace holds the highest “AV” rating by Martindale-Hubbell and he has been repeatedly selected as a Southern California Super Lawyer. Mr. Wallace continues to serve as a Judge Pro Tem and Arbitrator for the San Diego Superior Court. He was a State Bar delegate, 1995-2001.
Mr. Wallace has been on numerous San Diego County Bar committees during the course of his career. He is a member of the San Diego County Bar, Los Angeles County Bar, American Society of Law & Medicine, Southern California Defense Lawyers and the DRI. He is admitted to all Federal courts in the State of California. Mr. Wallace has been a lecturer and presenter at numerous state and national meetings addressing a variety of legal topics. He has authored numerous articles covering a host of topical legal issues.
- San Diego State University MBA program, 1991-1993
- California Western School of Law, J.D., 1986
- Seton Hall University, B.A., cum laude, 1982
- All courts in the State of California
- United States District Court, Southern, Central, Northern and Eastern Districts of California
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- San Diego Defense Lawyers, Former President and board member
- Judge Pro Tem and Arbitrator for the San Diego Superior Court
- San Diego Super Lawyers (Personal Injury – Medical Malpractice: Defense and General Litigation) from 2008 to the present