Deputy District Attorney
San Diego County District Attorney's Office
Joshua Brisbane is a San Diego Deputy District Attorney currently assigned to the South Bay Courthouse. For the last three years, he was the East County Team Leader for the Sex Crimes and Human Trafficking Division. He oversees the prosecution of homicides, various sexual assaults, including the trafficking of minor and adult victims, rapes, and child molestation cases. He handles all aspects of litigation from per-arrest investigation, preliminary hearings, jury trials, and post-trial motions.
Mr. Brisbane is also passionate about coaching law students on the art of trial advocacy. He serves as an adjunct professor and the Program Director of the National Trial Team at the Thomas Jefferson School of Law. His students have won both local and regional mock trial competitions and have received various awards for their advocacy.
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Arizona State University, B.S., 2009
- All courts in the State of California
- 2020-2021 Upper-Level Adjunct Professor of the Year: Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- San Diego Deputy District Attorney North County
- San Diego Deputy District Attorney East County: Sex Crimes & Human Trafficking Division
- Texas Young Lawyers Association National Trial Competition 2018 Quarter Finalist [Coach]
- Outstanding Achievement Award Seven Years or Less Experience: San Diego Deputy District Attorney Association 2022