Rhonda L. Mallory
Deputy Attorney General
Office of the Attorney General
Rhonda L. Mallory
Rhonda Mallory is a Supervising Deputy Attorney General in the Torts and Condemnation Section of the Attorney General’s San Diego Office. She supervises a team of Deputy Attorney Generals who handle cases defending various public agencies in matters alleging dangerous condition of public property, wrongful death and serious injury, Civil Rights violations, writs of mandamus, inverse condemnation actions, and appeals. She has tried in excess of 60 civil jury trials, as well as numerous administrative evidentiary hearings.
Prior to working in the Attorney General’s office, Ms. Mallory was a Deputy Attorney at the Department of Transportation (Caltrans), handling complex dangerous condition of public property cases, negligence actions against state employees and defense of the department, managers and supervisors in employment litigation and administrative matters.
Ms. Mallory started her career over 30 years ago in private practice defending doctors, hospitals and other health care providers in medical malpractice actions. She then went in house for Allstate insurance company where she had the opportunity to try many cases, primarily focusing on premises liability and automobile negligence claims. Ms. Mallory was ultimately chosen to manage the San Diego Allstate office where she remained until she changed to the public sector.
Ms. Mallory has been a Workshop Leader for the San Diego Inn of Court Evidence and Trial Practice Programs and is currently the Inn’s Treasurer.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 1990
- University of California at San Diego, B.A., 1985
- All courts in the State of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- ABOTA Board of Directors 2014-2019
- President of the San Diego Chapter 2019
- Cal ABOTA Board of Directors 2020- Present,
- Member at Large 2022