- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law (1988)
- B.A., University of California at San Diego (1982)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- All courts in the State of California
- United States District Court, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
PROFESSIONAL AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent - Highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards
- Profiled in San Diego Lawyer Magazine March/April 2017
- San Diego City Attorney’s Office Deputy of the Quarter October 2015; Deputy of the Year 2019
- San Diego Magazine’s Top Lawyers
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego’s Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award: Kelly Dodge v. Casper Concrete Cutting, et al.
Catherine Richardson is a Senior Chief Deputy City Attorney with the San Diego City Attorney’s Office. In that position, she handles all aspects of complex cases within the General Civil Litigation section, including dangerous condition of public property, wrongful death and serious injury, Civil Rights violations, writs of mandamus, inverse condemnation actions, and appeals. She has tried numerous civil and criminal jury and bench trials, including more than 50 jury trials. In addition to the City Attorney’s Office, Ms. Richardson was in private practice for many years, handling plaintiff’s personal injury and medical negligence litigation as well as professional negligence defense. She handled all aspects of litigation from intake through trial, post-trial motions and appeals. She has served as a pro tem judge for the San Diego Superior Court, a pro tem administrative law judge for the State of California, and an arbitrator for the San Diego County Bar Association Fee Arbitration Committee. She is also a past director of the San Diego County Bar Association, the San Diego County Bar Foundation and Consumer Attorneys of San Diego. Ms. Richardson has been a Workshop Leader for the San Diego Inn of Court Evidence and Trial Practice Programs for more than 10 years. She is currently the Inn’s Immediate Past President.