- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law (2003)
- B.A., University of Washington (1999)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- The State of California
- United States District Court, Southern Districts of California
- The State of Nevada
PROFESSIONAL AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Awarded Outstanding Advocate by Consumer Attorneys of San Diego 2019 Graves v. Kaiser
- Awarded Outstanding Advocate by Consumer Attorneys of San Diego 2019 Hunt v. Drossman
- Named one of San Diego’s Top Attorneys by Super Lawyer Magazine, 2015 to Present
- San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar, 2015 to Present
- Profiled in San Diego Lawyer Magazine December 2016
- Resolve Law San Diego, chair.
Ms. Martel is currently a Board member of the Consumer Attorneys of California, and past president of Consumer Attorneys of San Diego. She is a Master in the Wallace Inn of Court and a member of the San Diego County Bar Association, and Nevada State Bar Association. She served on the Board of Directors of Traveler's Aid Society from 2003-2018, a private, non-profit agency that provides crisis and short-term assistance for food, shelter, and transportation as well as advice and resources for San Diegans in need. She served as Chair of the Board from 2007-2009. In 2020 Ms. Martel served as Chair of Resolve Law San Diego, the largest pro bono project in San Diego’s history. Resolve Law San Diego was formed to create a temporary solution to the crisis the civil justice system faced as a result of the Court’s closure due to COVID-19 with the goal of providing free mediation and dispute resolution services to the San Diego legal community. Resolve Law recruited over 250 volunteers and successfully mediated over 100 cases. Ms. Martel is licensed to practice law in the state of California and the state of Nevada . She actively represents the victims of personal injury and medical malpractice.